What is an Evidence page?
At some point in your studies, or for a potential job application, you may be asked to evidence any skills you may have, or sources for an assignment/project.
Mahara is a great tool for this activity as it can present so many file types:
- A video of you presenting to an audience
- Photos of an event you participated in
- Certificates and Open Badges from any courses you've taken
- Screen grabs of emails thanking you or giving you feedback
In Cranfield Mahara you can display your collected evidence in a number of ways - this means that you don't have to use the same file types every time:
- Images can be displayed individually, in a slideshow, or in a grid
- Videos can be shared either as a file to download or embedded in a media block
- Audio recordings can be shared either as a file to download or embedded in a media block
- PDFs can be shared either as a file to download or embedded in a PDF block
- Files can be shared in a downloadable format.
You can also use your phone to collect evidence which can be then uploaded straight into your files area.
If you haven't done so already, take part in the Mahara Induction Activity to learn how to create a page and add content to it.
For this section you will need to find out from your Module Manager how they would like to receive the evidence. It could be via one of the following ways:
- Generate a Secret URL that will be added to a word document/PDF submitted to Turnitin or the VLE
- Export your page as a HTML zipfile, to be submitted to the VLE
- Submitted to a group page for feedback
It is up to you to find out what you are expected to do.