What can you do with Mahara?
Mahara is a flexible online space that enables you to pull together evidence and reflections to support a number of processes and activities.
Comprising of three distinct sections (Content to store your data, Portfolio to present and publish your work, and Groups to collaborate with peers), Mahara enables you to build web pages to present your outcomes to a variety of audiences:
- The world-wide web (great for CVs and showcase portfolios)
- Your lecturers, managers and mentors (great for professional development portfolios)
- Your assessors (great for competency-based portfolios)
- Just you (great for your own private career plans, projects and personal development).
In the video below, you can hear Kristina Hoeppner (Mahara Project Lead & Community Facilitator) describe how she sees Mahara as a 'living museum'. Fast forward to the 15 min 10 sec point to watch it:
See it in action:
Mahara is your space to collect evidence and artifacts that can be used to present your reflections and examples of projects with a chosen audience.
- Plan your structure on paper
- Build a page/collection and choose a layout*
- Map out structure using text blocks as place holders
- Compile your evidence by replacing your placeholders with content (image, video, text, audio, blog etc)
- Share your work to your desired audience